Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ode to girlfriends...

It's amazing how your opinion on certain things most definitely changes as you get older. I say that because when I was growing up, my closest friends were boys. Life was less complicated if I stuck to the easy-going, straight forward, straight talking boys. I couldn't stand the fact that you could be "best friends" with a girl one day and enemies the next. It's strange how girls are...it's such a love-hate thing.


Then you grow up. Everyone has babies and BAM life changes. And I mean CHANGES! (In a good way of course!) I started to realize that I needed someone in my life to help me cope. So, who do I turn to? Tyron. Poor guy. I wanted him to listen to me as my life was completely redefined by a little man named Luke. I wanted empathy over the fact that I literally didn't sleep for 4 months. Then I was mad at him for not understanding everything that I was going through. Looking back on life, I can only be described by one word.....retarded.


Fortunately, God intervened on both my and Tyron's behalf and introduced me to the world of female companionship. It was amazing...not only did these girls understand what was going on...they had at some point felt the same way! Look at that...my sanity saved by something that I had avoided my entire life!


All that to say this: Thank you to all my girlfriends out there. You have all been a lifesaver to me at some point. I appreciate you all more than you know. God has truly blessed my life by introducing you into it.



"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Number 6:24-26

No comments: