Monday, October 19, 2009

Luke is 5!!!

I can't believe it, but Luke turned 5 last week! I would have blogged about it sooner, but we were in San Antonio all week and just got back today, so I'm a little behind. However, I can honestly say that 5 years has FLOWN by. That old saying "The days are long, but the years are short." is definitely true!

I remember being pregnant with Luke like it was yesterday. I was so SCARED. After 2 miscarriages, you just don't take anything for granted. My pregnancy was complicated and peppered with many hospital stays. It was probably the scariest time in my life. The Lord took care of us though, and Luke was born at 33.5 weeks. He was TINY! I had never been so thankful and relieved to see someone in my whole life! When I finally got to hold him for the first time (10 hours after he was born.) I was completely changed as a person.
Luke was a difficult baby for the first 6 months or so, but he was precious at the same time. He has brought us more joy that any family has any right to have. Luke has grown into a sweet, brilliant, curious, loving, caring, responsible, and fun little boy!
Luke's favorite things are:
Basketball (hands down), Nintendo Wii, golf, holding me, dogs, playing with his sisters, Coburn, his new basketball shoes he got from Scotty, laughing, holding me, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pizza, apples, cheese, Phineus and Ferb, and going to his Sunday School class.
We are beyond blessed. God is so good! He has given me way, way more than I will ever deserve. Luke is such a ray of sunshine and love. I can't wait to see how he will grow and change over the next year. It just keeps getting better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

5! What? Really?! No way! Happy late Birthday handsome!