Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hello Old Friend...

I know, I know. You've been on pins and needles right? Just waiting for the day that I resurrect my blog...I've been waiting too. Hoping that someone is going to do it for me...just kidding! Well, the only excuse I can give is that I have been truly busy.
A lot has changed in the past 4ish months. Tyron and I got new jobs! In Houston! It's been a crazy whirl wind to say the least. We are both now part of Barbers Hill ISD. It's an amazing school district that has extremely high standards that has welcomed us with open arms. Tyron is the Head Boys Basketball Coach, and I will be teaching 5th and 6th grade. It's an exciting time for us. Luke will start Kindergarten on Monday. I can't believe it! I am so excited for him. BHISD is an Honor School, so the academic standards are unbelievably high (which I LOVE). Luke is going to fit right in. Plus, he got the best teacher! I can't wait to tell you all about her, but I will leave that for another post.
As usual, God has taken care of us beyond any measure of our imagination. Not only did He deliver us into this amazing school district, but he also delivered us into a church that we know is our new home. Clear Creek Community Church is exactly what we needed, and God sent us there without having to weed through other churches. Clearly God knows my limits! We are also renting a house from a pastor and his family. It's been a huge blessing. Over the past week we have gotten to know them quite well through deep discussions about our God. We are even praying about joining their small group. :-) It's been a month of knowing that we are right in the middle of God's will for our family. That security is better than any insurance you can buy!
At church on Sunday, our pastor was talking about community. It's amazing what that topic did to me! I boo-hooed my way through the entire sermon! It's amazing what community does for a Believer. I can honestly say that I know there are times in my life that God marked me for purposes that are still unraveling. However, during those times of great joy and great suffering, God sent special women to walk through them with me. The funny thing is that it isn't even who I would have marked down on paper if someone asked me who those women were. During that sermon, God gave me specific memories of times in me and Tyron's lives that our small groups and God driven friendships carried us when we didn't think we could walk anymore. I am so thankful for those memories! It gives me hope that I will have deep, God driven relationships with women here in the Houston area. It gives me hope that the relationships I built in Dallas won't diminish because of the miles between us. It gives me hope because God proves himself to be more than faithful over and over and over. He has blessed me abundantly, and I am beyond humbled and thankful.
"Therefore, confess your sins to each other so that you may be healed. " James 5:16
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

1 comment:

Andy said...

My sweet friend I'm so thrilled for you and your family. You are so right there is nothing like the security of feeling that you are exactly in the middle of Gods will. You and tyron were definately there for us when we felt like we could no longer stand. No matter how many miles between us, you will always be my friend, my family, my community. I love you!!