Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Question Someone Is Going To Have To Answer In Heaven...

I told Tyron yesterday, that when I get to Heaven I have a question that I have to ask someone. You see, on Saturday morning at 1:32 a.m. Luke threw up in his bed...and then of course, Faith started throwing up about 2 hours later. They both continued to simultaneously vomit for the next 8 hours. Seriously simultaneously. So, the question for someone to answer is this: Why do stomach bugs insist on waiting until everyone is in bed and sound asleep to hit? It never happens at 10:00 in the morning or at 1:00 in the afternoon. Always in the dead of night.

However, God is extremely faithful. I spent the hours I was awake with my babies praying like I rarely pray. I prayed for mercy, healing, and strength. I prayed for rest for them and calmness for me. It's the most powerless feeling in the world to try to comfort a sick child. Especially when they are scared because they don't understand what is going on. Praise God for His healing hands. The entire bug lasted less than 24 hours. That is mercy. I guess stomach bugs have something in common with Jesus...stomach bugs come like a thief in the night and someday so will Jesus. The difference is that stomach bugs cause chaos and suffering while Jesus will re-establish order, healing, and love.

No comments: