Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ode to Our House...A Million Pictures

Bringing Hannah home.

Easter 2008

Luke's 3rd Birthday

Faith, Hannah, Luke - 1 week ago

Proud big sister.

Just home from the hospital with Hannah.

Luke and Faith hanging out in the kitchen.

Faith's 1st birthday.

Tyron, Luke, and Faith

Melanie, Luke, and Faith

Luke's 1st Birthday

Tyron and Luke (1 month old)

Tyron, Melanie, and 6 month old Luke

Well, we did it. Today we listed our house. We are officially moving. As soon as our house sells, anyway. It's kind of weird how a house can be the source of so much emotional angst. I am excited that Tyron got his new job and all the opportunities that will come along with it, but a part of me is sad to be leaving the only real home that we've had since we've been married and had kids. This is where we have lived, laughed, cried, prayed millions of times together and separate, tickled kids, walked the floor with crying infants, cooked too many meals to count, had small group, played 10 million games of basketball, potty trained 2 kids, had 5 birthday parties for our kids (3 for Luke and 2 for Faith), painted, remodeled, and a million other things. It's sad. There are 4.5 years of memories here. I am literally going to have to take a million pictures between now and the time we leave. We have been blessed way beyond anything that we deserve while we have been living in this house. I do know that as long as we are together our home is where the 5 of us are. I really do look forward to our next house (especially if it has 4 bedrooms :). It is going to be great living closer to Tyron's school and being able to be more involved. It's also going to be great that we can move closer to the school but still stay involved at our church and stay connected to our friends that are as much our family as anyone with the last names Lee or Marshall. So all this to say, House you have been a great house. Thanks for always bouncing back from every freak accident and daily abuse sent your way. Thanks for giving me memories that will last a lifetime. Yes House, I know that you are an inanimate object. Humor me anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can SO relate to this!!! I LOVE the pics!!!! Great memories!

The Bullards! said...

I am so happy for you friend. I know how that feels. It is such a bitter-sweet time, BUT it is an exciting time as well. Love you