Sunday, February 10, 2008

37 weeks is exactly 259 days...

Okay, so those of you who know me, know that I have never made it all the way to "full term" while pregnant. Guess what? I made it! For the first time ever, I have made it to 37 weeks, and for those of you who go the 40+ weeks make me feel like such a baby! All the preterm labor that I had this time around made my doctor and methink that I may be lucky to make it to 34 weeks, but here we are! Everything that we did to counteract the PTL apparently made this baby SUPER comfortable in there!

I am experiencing, for the first time, those late pregnancy discomforts that many of you have dealt with before. Seriously, it's insane. My legs go to sleep every night just because the baby is laying a certain way. The reflux is almost unbearable. Can my skin on my stomach actually stretch past this point? Wow...

So, here I sit on Sunday, February 10th blogging about the joys of pregnancy. My very LAST pregnancy at that. I guess God is giving me what I have prayed for...a healthy, full term baby. I am extremely ready to meet this little one. It's been so fun not knowing if it's a boy or girl, but I am dying to know now. I keep saying to the baby, "If you come out, you can have an identity. A name all to yourself. Your big brother and sister are dying to meet you...they sure are fun! Don't you want to come out and see for yourself? If you hurry, we can make it to the last regular season basketball game and to the playoffs! Won't that be fun?" This poor kid is probably just wishing for a little peace and quiet. Instead he/she gets a mom, dad, and siblings that won't shut up. No wonder he/she doesn't want to come out...it's a crazy life here in the Lee house!

So, hopefully I will be able to post pictures of the newest little Lee in the VERY near future. The suspense is killing me! We'll keep you posted when/if anything changes. Wouldn't it be crazy if I actually had to be induced?

No comments: