Tuesday, February 5, 2008

3 Stitches Later...


Well, we were wrong. Tyron and I always thought that Faith would be the first of our children to go to the ER due to an injury, but today we were proven wrong by Luke. Here's what happened: It was such a pretty morning that we went to the park with Betsy, Coburn, Parker, and Sophia. Every one was having a great time...the kids were climbing and sliding and running and jumping. Then all of sudden I see Luke fall out of a tunnel flat on his sweet little face. I knew it was bad just by the sound of him landing. Needless to say, head wounds bleed crazy bad, and in the 3 seconds it took me to get to him his little face was pretty much covered in blood. Talk about tear your heart out. So, off to the ER we went. Thankfully, Betsy followed me so that I wouldn't have to take Faith in with us. (Thank you Betsy - you are truly a life saver.) We went into the ER , Luke got 3 stitches and a really cool Bugs Bunny Band Aid. For all that it was, Luke was extremely brave. No one should have to see that much of their own blood at the age of 3. I'm so proud of him, and I thank God that he wasn't hurt worse than he was. For being so brave, Luke got to have his favorite treat - a Coke. So, all in all, we survived, and I am sure that it will be a fun story for Luke to tell all his little friends. This Momma, however, is thankful that it's over.

1 comment:

jen armstrong said...

Just caught up on the Lee Family! So good to "see" y'all again. Glad Luke's accident turned out better than it started. Your babies are just gorgeous--can't wait to see the next one!