Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ode To My Babies

Being a mom is the best job in the world. It always makes me a little sad when people say that their high school/college years were the "best days of their lives." My life is richer, more meaningful, more fun, more exciting, and a daily adventure because of my husband and kids. These are the best days of my life...so far. So, in honor of my three amazing kids I am going to give you 5 (even though there are waaaaaayyyyyyyy more) things I love about my babies.
Luke
1. Literally the sweetest kid in the world. There is not 1 mean bone in his little body.
2. His eyes are the exact same shade of blue as Tyron's.
3. He still loves to be held. He comes to me and asks, "Mom, can I hold you?"
4. He is FIERCELY protective of Faith. They are best friends.
5. He has a freckle on the bottom of his left foot.
Faith
1. Faith is a go getter. Nothing stands in her way. FEARLESS.
2. She "momma's" her baby dolls the same way that I "momma" Hannah.
3. Every emotion that she feels is written on her beautiful face.
4. She loves to snuggle.
5. She still tucks her legs under and sticks her booty up in the air when she sleeps.
Hannah
1. The happiest baby in the world. If her eyes are open, she is smiling and cooing.
2. She already loves her Bubba and Sissy.
3. She cuddles her head right under my chin and holds onto the collar of my shirt...that is "her spot."
4. She looks like Luke and Faith.
5. She has a gentle spirit that goes with the flow.
My kids are my joy. I could have listed 150 things that I love about each of them. These are only 5 things. I am BEYOND blessed. Every day (even the hard ones) is an amazing and fulfilling adventure because I get to be with them.

2 comments:

77apronstrings said...

You're such a good mom. These truly are the best days of our lives, with their ups and downs and smiles and tears (and the screaming banshee days). Who would want for anything more? Love you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Read this with tears in my eyes! You and your children are absolutely beautiful!