Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Am A N-E-R-D.

In the last 10 days I have read somewhere in the ball park of 2700 pages. I know, I know. Crazy. Reading is without a doubt my favorite solo hobby. I could read for days on end with time slipping past while I am completely unaware. So, without further ado, I would like to put a book series out there on recommendation:

"The Twilight Saga" by Stephenie Meyer.

These books have a lot of supernatural aspects to them, so if you are an anti-Harry Potter person, just disregard this post. Seriously. I have always enjoyed books, movies, and TV shows that have a supernatural emphasis, so I knew I would like these books. I also have no problems with reconciling these kinds of books with my belief in God like some other people do. Fiction books don't diminish the non-fictional Bible to me, but that is another rant/post altogether. So, anyways...I digress.

This saga is about vampires and werewolves and their relationships with the human world. Believe it or not, there is nothing at all frightening about the books. It's pretty much all about relationships. There are things about vampires and werewolves, but mostly it's just a characteristic trait to help you further identify with with each character. Really, it's brilliant.

So, if you are a fan of reading, I highly recommend this book series. It's awesome. Now, I just want to go see the movie. I know the movie won't be as good as the book. They never are, but I still want to see it.

**Note: No children were neglected or involved in the time I spent reading. :-)

No comments: