Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You HAVE to be kidding...or else I might cry.

Today just happened to be "one of those days." You know the one that I'm talking about. The day where every one is in a crummy mood for no good reason and nothing totally catastrophic happens, but we all want to cry despite the lack of reason for crying. Everything in the world got on my nerves today. I swear. I think our dog came within an inch of losing her life at least 10 times today. Faith pulled all the stuffing out of a car pillow for the 3rd time today, and Luke was totally whiny about every imaginable thing. On top of that, I tried to make a simple run to the bank (in McKinney) to find that there were NO envelopes in the night drop so I could make a deposit. I visited 5 banks to try to deposit money with no success. Can't a girl catch a break? All of this combined with my crummy mood did not make for a delightful day in the Lee home. Seriously. I think I prayed about 100 times today for patience, a better mood, an end to the screaming, etc. Ugh. No nominations for the Mother of the Year Award for me. Honestly, I could have put all my kids to bed at like 6:00 just to get a break. Wow. I'm a great mom...just in case you didn't hear the sarcasm, I'll say it again: I'm a great mom.

So, what did this splendiferous day teach me? This: This is the day! This is the day that the LORD has made, that the LORD has made! I will rejoice! I will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it! This is the day that the LORD has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day! This is the day that the LORD has made.

A song that I sing to my kids every day when we get up.

Thank you Holy Spirit. Really.

2 comments:

77apronstrings said...

Did your day end by drinking a quart of vodka? Then no, you're not a bad mom. I think you're a wonderful wife, mother, and friend. And yes, I think we WERE separated at birth. That's what I keep hoping. Who else understands my lunacy? Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh how I feel ya!!! Thanks for the encouragement at the end!!!!