Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time For A Change...

of posts that is! My last post was, shall we say, a major downer. Sad, but true. We have all survived this plague of sicknesses so far, and I am truly grateful. December has been a long month, but it hasn't been without a multitude of blessings.
My most treasured earthly blessing is my family. One of the things that has kind of been nice about being sick is that we have been forced to just be us. Just our family. I have actually just gotten to hang out with my hubby and relax. You know, doctor's orders and all that...lots of rest and fluids. Dang pneumonia! My kids have been great. I just wish that they could all stay well! Needless to say, we have had lots of great family time because we've had to stay in so much.

Secondly, I have some pretty great friends. I have had friends (and family) drop (and offer to drop) everything to come to our rescue. Definitely a blessing. Rachel even drives all the way from Denton to see me. I love her. Some friendships just don't change over time. Such a comfort to me.

Christmas was such a blessing this year. Luke is old enough to actually get what Christmas is about. That's not to say that he doesn't love the gifts, but he also really gets who we are celebrating. At the beginning of this month we went to this amazing production called Journey to Bethlehem with the Blaggs. You actually walk the road to Bethlehem to be counted in the the census. There are tons of live animals, 3 magi, an angel proclaiming the coming birth of Christ, the shepherds, thieves, and finally the town of Bethlehem complete with a market, children playing in the streets, and the stable where Jesus was born. At the end of the journey when you are standing at the stable where the baby lays in a manger, one of the magi quotes the Bible and they sing "O Come Let Us Adore Him." It's amazing! Lori and I both got teary. It really helped my entire family wrap our minds around what Christmas is. It will be a family tradition from now on. Luke walked away knowing the Christmas story by heart. He really wanted to hold "Baby Jesus" too. So sweet. It really hit Faith too. When we put all our gifts under our tree about a week after JTB, Faith said (ver batim), "These shouldn't be our presents. They're Jesus's." Yet another teary moment for me. God is so good.

Well, time to go. I hope that you have all been as blessed this month as we have. Here are some pictures from the past few weeks...

Luke and Faith painting Christmas ornaments.





Faith's ornament.

Hannah crawling around while the kids paint.

Mimi and Hannah getting ready for Christmas Eve Candlelight Service.

Sweet Hannah.

Pretty Faith.

Luke. When did he get so big?


Luke and Faith in their Christmas jammies. Hannah kept crawling off when I tried to take a picture. Her jammies match Faith's.

Paw Paw tickling Faith's feet. She LOVES him.

Luke on Christmas morning. Santa brought a "big truck."

Hannah. Faith shared her candy from her stocking. This was Hannah's first taste of sugar. Do you think she liked it?

Faith playing with Hannah in Hannah's new house. They are so cute playing in it.

No comments: