Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just One of Those Days...That a Girl Goes Through...

Someone please tell me that I am not the only one that has days like this:

Tuesday started out innocent enough. The kids and I went to the park to feed the ducks before grocery shopping. We had a great time! Kids fed the ducks and played on the playground. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Then we headed to Wal-Mart in McKinney. As we were getting out, I saw some sparkles which means that I was going to have a migraine within the next 24 hours. I usually have plenty of time after I start having visual symptoms to prepare myself and my kids for the coming of the headache. I figured I would just get through my grocery shopping as fast as possible...after all, I usually don't actually get the pain part of a migraine for around 12-18 hours after seeing the sparkles. While I was pushing the giant cart around the store, my kids starting driving each other crazy. Hannah reached into the grocery cart to pull out a cereal box, and she smacked Faith right under her eye with the corner of the box. Blood and screaming ensued...as did my impending migraine. They just kept irritating each other from that moment on! I literally thought that my brain was going to explode. I made myself push through the grocery shopping because I already had a basket full of groceries, and the drive takes me about 25 minutes to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. I was determined not going to waste my effort at the store. I made it through the store...barely. My kids were fighting. I was near tears, and it just kept getting worse! I had to stand in the check out line with the fluorescent lights blaring at me for 15 minutes. I made it though. I got kids and groceries in Tahoe and drove home. I could barely hold my head up by then. Did I mention that all of this is going on while my dad is in the hospital 6 hours away extremely sick? I made it home, fixed lunch for the kids, and barfed for the next 3.5 hours. I got my headache under control just in time to get ready so I could go to class that night. My wonderful and loving babysitter Haley came. (Y'all I am so thankful for her! My whole family just adores her. My life would be super nuts without her.) I was driving to class and the highway to school was shut down due to a massive wreck, so I had to detour WAY out of the way to get to class. My bestie Rachel got me through it though with her mad navigating skills! I was only 20 minutes late to class. I still had a glimmer of the headache from earlier in the day, but I did make it through class and home. I was so ready for bed that I could barely make the walk through our tiny house to my bed. Blech. Migraine hangovers are almost as bad as the actual migraine to me.
I don't have truly bad days very often. When it's bad though, it's bad. I like to go down in a blaze of glory. Thank goodness for this:
Lamentations 3:22-23
22The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. 23They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.

No comments: