Thursday, March 12, 2009

Turkey Bacon Is NOT Suitable for Human Consumption.

Tyron and I have really been trying to eat healthier. We're not 20 anymore, ya know. Tyron and I have a tradition where one night a week I fix breakfast for the two of us after we put the kids to bed. I usually make biscuits, bacon, sometimes gravy, and eggs.

I tried to make our dinner-breakfast healthier by substituting turkey bacon for the real stuff. I actually really like turkey products like sausage, lunch meat, etc, but I can not even begin to tell you how disgusted I was from the get go with the turkey bacon. Words truly can't express my disgust with this so-called "bacon." My sense of smell was so offended that I just about tossed my cookies right then and there, but in the name of health I forged on.

I cooked 6 slices of turkey bacon, and I gagged the entire time it was cooking. It totally reminded me of being pregnant, which I'm not by the way. Unless God has so MAJOR plans, procreation is permanantly no longer an option for the Lee Family. I digress...

This thought actually crossed my mind: "Maybe it's just the smell...maybe it actually tastes good." Man, was I ever wrong! I took one bite of the turkey bacon and just about walked away from the dinner table for the night. The stuff actually tasted worse than it smelled! Blah! My entire dinner experience was tainted from that one little taste.

I am back on the real bacon wagon. Never again will I try tukey bacon. I just can't do it. So, I apologize to my future clogged arteries and bid my turkey bacon experience good-bye. Hello pork! I'm sure you've never tasted so good!

2 comments:

77apronstrings said...

Pork loves you, too! Bacon makes everything better. I'm sure I could find a way to make cake better. Bacon Cake. Would that just be a big biscuit with gravy icing and crumbled bacon sprinkles? Maybe a thin layer of jam in the middle? We should totally submit that to http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Love you!

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I actually like turkey bacon. I know. I know.