Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Charmed Life

I love my life. God has blessed me with an amazing, God - loving husband, 3 beautiful and healthy kids, a roof over my head, and plenty of food to eat...not to mention that Jesus saved me from eternal damnation. Lately it's been so easy for me to get caught up in the minor details of life that I lose sight of God, but He gently reminds me of his presence daily.
Every night before we put the kids to bed Tyron and I lay hands on our kids in prayer. (For those of you who think that it sounds weird to lay hands on some one in prayer, it's just a tangible way to show who you are praying for. It helps the kids understand that Mommy and Daddy are praying for them.) We finished our prayer and Faith says, "I want to pray." She does this every night and so does Luke.
This was Faith's prayer(unprompted by us):
Dear God,
Thank you for my dancin' and for my feet that move. I hope you love my dancin' since I dance for you and Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for Jesus and the Easter eggs. Thank you for helping me be a cheerful giver when I played with my friends today. Help my owie get better because my head hurts where I bonked it. I love you God. And Jesus, too! In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
God reminded me of his presence by using my 2-year old's prayer. It's amazing that this little prayer came from my 2 year old little girl. Only God could put such sweet things in the heart of anyone.
Thank you God for working in the hearts of my children. It's such a blessing and privilege to be a mom. Thank you for your Word that I get to freely read every morning. It truly is the well spring of my life. Thank you for reminding me how sweet you are. Help me not to get caught up in the grind of life and forget that each moment is precious. Amen.

No comments: