Wednesday, July 11, 2007

All Summer in a Day















It seems, as many of you other moms know, that it will NEVER stop raining. My family feels like we have been cooped up in our house or in our friend's houses for months. There is only so much you can do inside. One particularly rainy morning Luke wanted to go outside and swim so badly that I filled my bath tub to the brim and let him "swim" inside. My creativity has officially been put to the test this summer. We have colored, painted, made cookies, made cakes, watched movies, walked the malls, played at every germ infested "playland" at every fast food restaurant in Denton and Collin counties, played at friends houses, had people over to play at our house, gone to Daddy's gym to play hoop, and the list goes on....officially I am tapped out of ideas.

This morning dawned bright and beautiful, and I actually woke up and didn't puke. It seemed that today was the day we have wishing for, so Tyron and I got the kids dressed and sun screened and went to the sprinkler park. We had such a great time. The good weather lasted just long enough for us to go, come back, eat lunch, and take naps. Now we are back to thunderstorms. I am so thankful for the few hours of sunshine that we had though. My sanity has temporarily been restored.

Thank you God for sunshine and rain, or as Luke likes to say, thanks for the fun and drinks for the animals.

No comments: