Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


It may be shocking to some of you out there to find out that I am mildly obsessed with the Harry Potter books. I know that many people have issues with these books because they have witchcraft in them, but I view them as harmless fiction that is nothing less than brilliant. I love books. I will read anything that my eyes come in contact with. I just can't stop myself. It's not necessarily just books...it's post it notes, crawlers along the bottom of the T.V. screen, bank tickers, notes lying on people's desks...if you know that I am coming over and there is something lying in the open that you don't want me to read...put it away. I can't help myself. It's like an addiction. I have been this way my entire life. I can remember being either a Kindergartner or 1st grader and reading every single Little House on the Prairie book. I am a reader...no doubt. I can rarely think of anything better to do than sitting somewhere nice and comfy with a book. Notice that I say "a book." It doesn't have to be on the New York Times Best Seller's List. If someone gives me a book, I am going to read it bottom line.


Now that I have confessed my reading problem, I am going to continue on about Harry Potter. The Harry Potter Series is a 7 book series that follows the life of Harry Potter and his 2 best friends as they go through adolescence fighting the evil wizard Lord Voldemort. I have read every book a minimum of 5 or 6 times. Each time I read one of the books, I find something new in it. They are truly phenomenal. So, why do I mention this book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? It is the last book in the series. It all comes down to this one book. If you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, I recommend that you either borrow or buy them and see for yourself what it is all about (if it doesn't go against your beliefs, etc.).


In 36 hours there is a good chance that I will have read at least half of the book, and it doesn't even get released until 12:01am on Saturday. Anyway, I hope that those of you who are finding this out about me for the first time don't think I am too weird. Mildly obsessed might be slightly understated, but nonetheless I am who I am. I do ask that if you know anything about book 7 that might give away the ending for me, please keep it to yourself. I am one of those crazy people that start at the front of the book and read my way through.


So, until next time....happy reading!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Melanie,
I enjoy Harry Potter, too. However, I am no where near ready to read the last version.

Hey, you have been tagged. Check out my blog to see what to do!