Monday, July 16, 2007

Leaving a Legacy of Friendship

This past Friday night, a bunch of us girls got together to send off our sweet friend Stephanie. It's crazy to think that they now live in San Marcus, TX. Life isn't going to be the same with the Smith Family gone, that is for sure. It seems that we have so much to celebrate in our friendship with Stephanie. Over the past 4 years that I have known her, she has become on of my most cherished friends. She has taught me so much and walked through so many things with me.

Just a few of the million memories about Stephanie and her family that will be missed:

The no pressure hang out sessions while the kids play.
Being pregnant with all of our kids at the same time....
Luke and Adeline kissing.
Adam loving on Faith (who is just a little resistant :-) )
Talking to Steph about life in general...she is so grounded and wise.

The list could go on forever. When we had dinner Steph talked about not settling for less when it comes to friendships. That goes in both directions. Steph taught me so much about how a real friendship is supposed to be. I could never go back to most of the friendships that I had that were pre-Stephanie. San Marcus is going to be a better place because the Smith's are now living there, and we are all blessed that we have had them in our lives for the past 4 years.

Stephanie is truly leaving a legacy of friendship. So many women that are used to broken female friendships know how to be better friends because we were friends with her. God has truly blessed me by putting Stephanie and her family in my life. I know that Stephanie has a purpose and will be obedient to what God calls her to do. I am so excited to see what God has for them. It's going to be an exciting adventure...I am sure of it!

"The LORD bless you and keep you;the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Number 6:24-26

1 comment:

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

wow, I am just now reading this and crying through the whole thing. How blessed I am by your friendship and I have grown so much through it. You are truly one of my closest friends, and Luke is definitely Adeline's. We will miss you so much sweet friends!! Love you all!!