Monday, July 23, 2007

One True God

I just got home from teaching my first night at Vacation Bible School. It was such a fun experience. It's amazing to see kids get excited about the Lord, and let me tell you, these kids were pumped up! The Bible verse for the night is:

"The Lord is the one true God." Jeremiah 10:10.

It's amazing how the Lord can teach you things through kids. Tonight I was reminded of exactly who God really is. Why is that we get our priorities so messed up? I am constantly putting my husband and my kids in front of the Lord who actually created them. Why? I am pretty sure that you spell that I-D-O-L. In my sinful nature, I trade the created for the Creator. God has blessed me in so many ways. I would do good to remember exactly who blesses me.

It's sad that God can bless us with all the good things in life and we don't acknowledge Him. As soon as we get really sick or some other equally bad thing happens, we are forced into at least considering Him. I pray that if you are reading this and you don't know Christ, that you would at least consider Him. Don't wait until you are on your death bed or until you are going through some crazy tough time. Claim the Lord. I can't promise that all your life issues will go away, but at least your eternity will be safe. And I don't think there is anything that is more important than that.

No comments: