Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am so not "with it!"

Okay today my house was showing so I took the kids to the mall. After lunch and walking around, we headed back to the car. It just so happened that we parked in the Nordstrom parking lot, so we had to walk through that store to get to the car. As we were passing by one of the many make-up counters, this is a conversation that I overhear:

Make-up sales person who looks to be in her mid 20's (talking to 2 65ish women): "You both qualify for a free eye liner and mascara as well. And let me tell you they are stupid easy to put on!"

Both of the older ladies look at each other with funny looks on their faces.

One older lady replies: "Ummm, can you just put it in the bag with what we already purchased?"

So to all you hip moms out there...when did the word "stupid" become a way to describe something that is done with ease? Really? I am totally not with it! Why not just say really instead of stupid? Personally, I would have felt a little weird and disrespectful if I would have even said the word stupid to these women. They both looked so sophisticated and nice. They looked like hip grandmas. Saying the word stupid to them would have made me feel stupid.

I am sooooooooooooo not "with it"!

1 comment:

betsyandscott said...

Funny story. I didn't know stupid meant really either. Fun times.