Tuesday, October 28, 2008

T - 24 Hours and Counting...

Tomorrow afternoon is the official start to the 2008-2009 basketball season. Life is going to get even crazier at the Lee's! I am so excited to see how this year goes. For those of you who don't know Tyron all that well, he is an amazing coach. He actually got an email from one of his former players yesterday telling Tyron thank you for not only teaching him basketball but for also teaching him what it means to be a man. That is Tyron's true goal in life...turning boys into mature adult men. What a mission!
This year will be extra special because this is the beginning of Tyron's head coaching career. I know he isn't perfect, but I know that he is going to do a great job with these kids. Tyron is so passionate that it just rubs off on people. I can't wait for their first game. I got to see their new uniforms and travel suits last night. They are going to not only be a good team but they will look pretty spiffy also!
More than anything, I am just so stinking proud of my husband. He has been given this mission by God. There is nothing clearer in this world to me than that. I can't wait to see him on the sidelines! I also can't wait to meet the boys. Little do they know, but they are going to have some pretty big fans that aren't even old enough to go to school! Luke's all-time-favorite player has already been named (that would be you Scottie), but there will be plenty of room in his little heart for some pretty close runners up.

All that to say: GO FARMERS!!!

No comments: