Monday, August 25, 2008

A Blissful Weekend...Seriously

This past weekend had a bit of a rocky start, but it ended beautifully. Friday morning started out just like any other morning. Until Faith knocked herself out. Literally. She was running in our kitchen as fast as her little legs would carry her. The next thing I know, Faith slips and lands on the side of her head. She was unconscious for about 10 seconds. So scary. We went to the ER once she got up, and her pediatrician (Dr. Seth Kaplan) gave her a the diagnosis of a slight concussion caused by a sever bonk on the noggin. Seriously, how many of you know a 2 year old that has already had a concussion? Once she came out of shock and we were allowed to go home, we rested for the rest of the day.

Saturday morning, the kids and I got up to go to Aunt Kara and Uncle Kevin's house. I dropped my kids off and left them there overnight. Tyron and I had 24 hours of uninterrupted adult time! We went to dinner at Tyron's Principal's house, rented a movie, ate brownies, and enjoyed some quiet time. Sunday we slept wwwaaaayyyy in. I won't disclose the time we got up because it is a little embarrassing; however, the rest was much needed. Then we had breakfast together, and Tyron was off to work. I proceeded to get my hair cut and ran a few errands before picking the kids back up.

I was so excited to see my kids. I needed a break, but I really missed them. This was the first time I was away from Hannah. All 3 kids did great, and I am eternally grateful to my sister-in-law and family for giving Tyron and me this much needed break. Thanks Kara!

No comments: