Sunday, August 3, 2008

No Pictures, Just Words...

I know, I know...the blog as been a little neglected as of late. I have to say that it is mostly because it has been a crazy last month. Here's a little update on the Lee family:

1. Our house is still on the market. I have also learned a lot about myself and my walk with the Lord in the 40 days. I have learned that I trust the Lord with my kids and my husband, but that my trust is lacking when it comes to situational things. Weird, I know. A friend of mine from church who is a very wise 45ish woman who I admire said something to me that pretty much stopped me in my tracks. This is what she said, "Melanie, you have to be happy where God is, and God is where He has you right now." That means that I have to stop obsessing about the house selling and enjoy today for where God has me. God is sitting with me as I write this blog entry. I know that. I am grateful for that. I LOVE that. I know that he spoke to me through Teresa today. What a loving God! He knows me well enough to speak to me through a friend and tell me exactly what I needed to hear. I am humbled and appreciative beyond words. I am encouraged and strengthened in my life. God LOVES me and knows me well.

2. Tyron started football this past week. What an adjustment!! We have been really spoiled with Tyron only coaching basketball these past few years. We are all really excited about this football season though. Farmersville High School won the 2A State Championship last year, so it's going to be fun to watch them in their first year as a 3A school.

3. The kids are doing great! Luke is officially a little kid now. It's hilarious. He will talk your ear completely off, and he has started saying big kid phrases. For example, Luke says stuff like this: "Hey guys! Wait up for me!!" and "Me three!" So fun. He is the kindest and most tender hearted little boy in the world. Faith...where do I start? She is doing a million new things. She talks almost as much as Luke, but she is a very shy child. If she doesn't know you well, she probably won't say 2 words to you. She is now potty trained! Yea!! And she thinks that all babies belong to us. She is just a little momma at heart! Faith is sweet and mischievous. And NEVER stops moving. Then there's Hannah. Hannah has changed so much in the past couple of weeks. She is sitting up all by herself! Hannah can also already stand up by herself as long as she has something to hold onto. She eats oatmeal, and she drinks from a sippy cup (only water of course!). She has also started babbling already...her favorite thing to "say" is ma ma ma. As you can probably guess, I am not sad about that. Hannah is so sweet and is getting so big. It's hard to believe that our last baby is already 5 months old. We are cherishing every last squishy moment.

One last thing. We would love it if you could pray for us. We really want to impact the kids that Tyron will be coaching as well as the other coaches Tyron will be working with. Please also pray that the Lord will help us cultivate new relationships with the people in Farmersville. All to the glory of His Kingdom. All prayers are appreciated!

No comments: