Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Thought

Have you ever been told that you look like someone so many times that it becomes kind of a part of who you are? Throughout my life I have been told by pretty much everyone who ever knew my Mee Maw Lillie that I look just like her. When I was younger, I totally didn't understand. I only knew my Mee Maw when she was old. (My dad was a late in life baby so she was much older when she had him.) The older I got, the more I heard how much I looked like her. Here's the funny thing...the older I get the more I see her in the mirror when I look into my own reflection. Crazy, huh? If only I can be like her as well as look like her. Mee Maw was pretty much the original domestic diva. She could cook anything, grow anything, sew anything, and fix anything. She was amazingly patient and kind. In all my life of knowing her, I don't remember a single harsh word ever coming out of her mouth. She could make a rhyme out of anything. She was always coming up with some rhyme while I helped her with the cooking or hanging clothes on the line. Funny. The random things we remember about people that we love.

No comments: